De Backer Koen
Long distance racing pigeons in Hoevenen-Antwerp
Breeders strain Piet de Vogel - Oude-Tonge, NL
I know Piet de Vogel for years now, especially from his good results, his breeding center and the auction site Toppigeons.nl.
I got in contact with him in 2013 because I was looking of a new line in my breeding loft after a good elimination.
So it had to be a fancier which races a further distance then I do, a good one, so it became Piet de Vogel (Oude-Tonge, NL).
I followed his results via Facebook and toppigeons.nl. I bought different vouchers to get in touch with Piet.
2 Sons "De Cahors"
After those voucher, I also bought them directly at Piet's loft, direct from all his top performers.
From all those pigeons I tried to have youngsters in my breeding loft.
Below you can find an overview of the actual Piet de Vogel pigeons on my breeding loft.
- 1st national ace ZLU Fondspiegel 2012-2016
- 1st national ace ZLU St Vincent 2013-2016
- 2nd national ace ZLU Fondspiegel 2012-2015
- 3rd national ace ZLU St Vincent 2013-2015
- 9th national ace ZLU 2015
11 top results on the Marathon races, a.o.:
Dochter "Thunderborst 886"
- 81st Cahors 4176p 2014 S2
- 79th St. Vincent 3824p 2014 ZLU
- 92nd Pau 3433p 2015 ZLU
- 113th Perpignan 4027p 2016 ZLU
- 179th Narbonne 5338p 2013 ZLU
- 195th Cahors 5571p 2012 S2
- 265th Perpignan 4978p 2013 ZLU
- 208th St. Vincent 3714p 2015 ZLU
- 203rd St. Vincent 3387p 2016 ZLU
- 248th St. Vincent 3294p 2013 ZLU
Granddaughter "National Ace '11"
- 5th national Asduif ZLU (2011)
- 8th national Narbonne 3968p
- 46th national Pau 2706p
- 245th national Barcelona 7046p
- 166th national Bordeaux 6710p (2010)
- 189th national Sint Vincent 3294p (2013)
- 221st national Pau 3124p (2013)
Via Hans Romijn by exchange.
We exchanged a couple youngsters, and "Roma" is one of them.
This one is bred of "Son National Ace '11" x "Narja" (line 1st international Narbonne) by Hans Knetsch.
This dark hen was good enough to breed a good hen in her first year, the 8th provincial Libourne in 2016.
At the end of 2014 Piet decided to sell a big part of his breeding loft, and to continue with a younger breeding team.
Some top performers were moved from racing to breeding loft in 2015. On Pau 2015, which was a bad race, Piet also lost some top performers.
Neobeer was lost, and also some other good promising birds.
Even with that loss, 2015 was a good year, but 2016 was even better!
Check the results from 2016!
- 1st Ace ZLU Fondspiegel 5y (de Cahors)
- 1st Ace St Vincent ZLU 4y (de Cahors)
- 2nd Fondkampioen ZLU
- 2nd Ace St Vincent ZLU 3y (de Cahors)
- 6th Ace ZLU 2016 (de Vleermuis)
- 6th Ace Agen 3y (Tarbes 183)
- 6th Ac Narbonne 4y (Sterke 194)
- 7th WESM 8 get.
- 8th WESM 4 get.
- 9th Keizer Long Distance
- 10th Pyreneen Cup
- 10th Super Prestige
- 12th Ace Agen 3y (Sterke 194)
- 14th National Marathon 8 getekende.
- 15th Ace St Vincent 3y (de Vleermuis)
- 15th Ace Narbonne 3y (Sterke 194)
- 16th Ace Narbonne 4y (Sterke 193) Postume!
- 22nd Ac Narbonne 4y (de Vleermuis)
- 18th Ace Agen 4y (Tarbes 183)
- 18th Ace Perpignan 4y (Kleine Blauwe)
- 19th Ac Perpignan 3y (Kleine Blauwe)
- 37th National Marathon
In the October 2016 auction on toppigeons, my brother Sammy De Backer suggested to invest in my breeding loft, and so we bought"Ace"
2 children of the best ace pigeon ZLU in the last 5 years... "De Cahors"